Friday, August 15, 2014

DIY Pencil Holder - Repurposed Can


Sometimes the most cutest altered item doesn't have to be the most difficult to make! Point in case, I needed another container to hold my writing utensils and other odds and ends that needed a space. One day while cooking some chili, I realized I could alter the cans!!! So I took a can of kidney beans, rinsed it out, cleaned and dried it and made a simple yet cute container!



This didn't take very long to make, but I am happy with the results. I used the kit contents and just cut the paper to the length and size I wanted to use to cover the can. Since I wanted to keep part of the silver of the can showing, I cut my papers accordingly to that size. I taped that paper to the can. After I taped the paper, I took the elements from the kit and added them. The last thing I added was the ribbon to tie the look together! I love how it looks on my shelf and it was super easy to make too!







Elizabeth

No comments:

 

newsletter | shop sei

Free Blog Counter

Pin It button on image hover